× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: usually Cant access 192.168.1.1 plus readyshare unaccessible

sanmeet
Guide

usually Cant access 192.168.1.1 plus readyshare unaccessible

issue 1:

I have RAX80 with latest firmware. Im rarely able to connect to 192.168.1.1. Im using windows 10 pro laptop and connected via wifi to RAX80

Even connecting via android app shows Rax80 disconnected 9 times in 10. Im connected to internet just fine via the router. Ping 192.168.1.1 works fine

Issue 2:

I have two usb drives connected to the two usb ports of router one 4TB with external power, another 2TB portable one. Router page shows both drives connected but Im neither able to access any via \\readyshare locally. Also when i try to access via ReadyCloud..I see RAX80, when I double click it, it shows "No volumes or USB disks"

What am I doing wrong?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
sanmeet
Guide

OK Fiddling some more helped me to get access to HDD on routers USB...sharing here as it might help others like me:

changes I made as per link shared with me by someone here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/ALL-Netgear-USB-Drive-Mapping-Issues-ReadySh...

1) Enabled SMB1 as per above

2) Also, I marked the wifi network as private (it was public by default) from "open network and Internet settings" by right clicking wifi icon.

3) Also I was prompted to turn on network discovery when I clicked on network on "This PC" 

SO the issue is solved for now:-)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
moramay
Aspirant

@sanmeetclicksud wrote:

issue 1:

I have RAX80 with latest firmware. Im rarely able to connect to 192.168.1.1. Im using windows 10 pro laptop and connected via wifi to RAX80

Even connecting via android app shows Rax80 disconnected 9 times in 10. Im connected to internet just fine via the router. Ping 192.168.1.1 works fine

Issue 2:

I have two usb drives connected to the two usb ports of router one 4TB with external power, another 2TB portable one. Router page shows both drives connected but Im neither able to access any via \\readyshare locally. Also when i try to access via ReadyCloud..I see RAX80, when I double click it, it shows "No volumes or USB disks"

What am I doing wrong?

This will be helpful for you..?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/ALL-Netgear-USB-Drive-Mapping-Issues-ReadySh...

Message 2 of 6
antinode
Guru

> usually Cant access 192.168.1.1 [...]

"usually"?  What happens when you try?  (Note: "cant" is a word,
different from "can't".)  "can't" is not a useful problem description.
It does not say what you did.  It does not say what happened when you
did it.  As usual, showing actual actions (commands) with their actual
results (error messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpful than
vague descriptions or interpretations.

> I have RAX80 with latest firmware. [...]

As always, an actual version number would be more useful than your
opinion of what's "latest" today.

Message 3 of 6
sanmeet
Guide

> usually Cant access 192.168.1.1 [...]

"usually"?  What happens when you try?  (Note: "cant" is a word,
different from "can't".)  "can't" is not a useful problem description.
It does not say what you did.  It does not say what happened when you
did it.  As usual, showing actual actions (commands) with their actual
results (error messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpful than
vague descriptions or interpretations.

OP> OK Boss ...I can't 🙂 

What I did?..I typed 192.168.1.1. in address bar...of Chrome and pressed enter

then I waited and then waited some more..until chrome told me "This site can't be reached"  Yes, there was an apostrophe in the can't Chrome used. The laptop is with windows 10 pro. Same thing happened with another laptop...The app on my android also couldnt connect to router

BTW, I restarted the router and it did connect. I had this issue earlier too, until I did a factory reset and was finally able to get the router login. Are people experiencing routers mood swings too??

> I have RAX80 with latest firmware. [...]

As always, an actual version number would be more useful than your
opinion of what's "latest" today.

OP>

•  
  •  
My Router: Nighthawk RAX80      

Firmware Version V1.0.3.106_1.0.50
Message 4 of 6
sanmeet
Guide

So as I mentioned above, I was able to log in router after a restart. I still did a factory reset. in the hope of solving readyshare HDD access possible but Im able to access the USB HDD 4TB connected to router USB via ReadyCLOUD but not locally via laptop connected on the router's wifi.

The router gave me address "\\readyshare\USB_Storage" which put in run and pressed enter. I got Network error "Windows cannot access \\readyshare\USB_Storage"

How do I solve this...Any help would be appreciated...TIA!

Message 5 of 6
sanmeet
Guide

OK Fiddling some more helped me to get access to HDD on routers USB...sharing here as it might help others like me:

changes I made as per link shared with me by someone here

1) Enabled SMB1 as per above

2) Also, I marked the wifi network as private (it was public by default) from "open network and Internet settings" by right clicking wifi icon.

3) Also I was prompted to turn on network discovery when I clicked on network on "This PC" 

SO the issue is solved for now:-)

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7