× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: why is netgear trying to be the worst company

Ryan_Stevens
Follower

why is netgear trying to be the worst company

NetGear is the worst company ever. Their products break all the time. the customer support is terrible. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 8
UsernamesTaken
Initiate

I wish I had an answer to that. I've jumped through all the hoops with my piece of junk $600 RAX200, and all Netgear tries to do is upsell their paid support services since my devices is a little more than 90 days old. They've lost a customer. 

Message 2 of 8
AndyBMI
Star

I've had 2 Netgear routers and the second one I had was a nighthawk that my app said it needed a firmware update that bricked my router and all Netgear had to say it wasn't our problem, it was my isp which never gave me any trouble and has a constant 100+ mbs. A $160 router toast from their firmware update. Poor customer service and poor way to operate a company.
Message 3 of 8
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

@Ryan_Stevens wrote:

NetGear is the worst company ever. Their products break all the time. the customer support is terrible. 

What was your issue?

Message 4 of 8
Razor512
Prodigy

It is best to provide details about what issue you are facing.

There are many cases where I have seen people inaccurately report quality issues on various forums. For example, I have seen people complain about a router being poor quality because it failed in the summer after they connected it in a sealed cabinet drawer with only enough space to snake a power and Ethernet cable in.

Other times I have seen people report a broken router becould it would not get a WAN IP on their fios service when the issue ultimately turned out that the ONT was set to use MoCA for the WAN access rather than Ethernet and they had to call the ISO to get the ONT to be set to iuse its Ethernet port.

Overall, the best way to spot a production or widespread firmware issue, is to detail the issue as much as possible, as that helps everyone. If it is a firmware issue, then reporting it gets the company to fix it for everyone, and if new hardware was released and a serious defect is discovered, then it makes it easier for production lines to be fixed and initial release hardware to be fixed or replaced.

From a hardware standpoint, the newer Netgear routers have been very good, especially when wireless performance where for the price, you get a really good RF frontend.

Message 5 of 8
Adshijw
Initiate

I agree...total sham run around. I paid for armor when I bought my Netgear raxe500 from Netgear. Netgear won't give me an activation code... bitdefender won't give me an activation code..10 email, 3 chat sessions and 3 trouble ticket numbers...no solution.
Message 6 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Adshijw, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number and I can look into this further.

Regards,

christian 

Message 7 of 8
Carl514
Initiate

i was wondering why i have unauthorised access on some website so i verify the reputation of my public ip adress it says bad score.... 

So i plug my ethernet cable directly in the modem. no bad score anymore and i have access to the websites. 

The reason was the firewall is crap... TCP ACK SCAN etc all day long... 

I just bought a d-link router for 50$ and its a charm.

Conclusion. dont waste your time as i did on Netgear products , even the customer service could not help me.... I work as I.T. technician... the guy over the phone told me at the end the problem is the isp because you are connected in bridge.... why would i be in bridge... its a home connection DHCP cable.... he said we will call you back... 24 hrs later no news... 

dont buy netgear guys

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 31 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7