× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi poor connectivity with RAX 75

WillCam
Follower

wifi poor connectivity with RAX 75

I moved house a few months ago and ever since my IOS devices have had trouble connecting to wifi. They say connected, but nothing loads properly or it takes a long time, particularly websites which half load (if at all). Once fully connected it is fine, i can stream football games, etc, but for the most part we are forced to use data instead of wifi. Btw my speed here in HK is great (920 down, 804 up, ping 2ms). My laptop works fine on wifi, i don’t know about other phone types.

I asked my service provider, who came and checked it and told me to change my router, so i upgraded from an older netgear router to a new Nighthawk RAX75. No better, so i got them out again and they replaced their hardware (a Huawei HG8040H) but still no good.

So i have tried many things, such as resetting network setting on phones, changing ios to turn private wifi off, resetting the router, changing to SmartConnect, trying different security methods (currently back on wpa3), updating software and firmware, and much much more.

Does anyone have any ideas for what else I can try?
Many thanks
Message 1 of 2
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: wifi poor connectivity with RAX 75

Do the issues happen when you are close to the AP with the iPhone? Sometimes depending on the building materials of the home, you can end up with walls which significantly attenuate the WiFi signals, and in those cases, you can end up with a very unreliable connection.

If the issue happens even when in the same room as the AP, then it may be worth trying different channels, as well as avoiding any DFS channels if you are close to an airport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_(802.11a/h/j/n/ac/ax)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7