× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wire speed cut in half

K0walskiK0rwa
Aspirant

wire speed cut in half

Hey guys. 

my wire speed is half what i have comming to my house. I have 1 Gig from comcast and when i chceck speed from router thru QOS i have 940Mbit Download and 43 Upload. but when i chcek my speed on my desktop i have Download speed of 510Mbits and upload 41Mbit. My Desktop network card is Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet and desktop itself is Alienware Aurora R9. I rester, rebot, and change ports to see if anything help, but nothing change still same speeds. i did check wireless speeds as well and from my phone and Desktop and is all the same. How can that be that router throutle down my speed alomst i half. Jus to add no other devices was pluged or connected to the router during the tests. i attached screenshot of my tests. I know it is fast as it is right now but would like to be able to run at max capasaty. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: wire speed cut in half

You're not the only one experiencing this. '

heres a couple things you can try. 

1. Make sure the firmware is current.

2. Factory reset the router. when you install make sure not to enable qos, triffic monitoring, data monitor, circle, parental controls, etc. Anything that monitors data can reduce the speeds. 

3. If you don't have IPv6 enabled, try enabling it. 

4. If none of that works, try turning on qos, seeing if you can manually set the speed for gigabit. test it.

5. then disabling qos. 

Nothing fixing it? I'd highly recommend opening a case with support if you're within your 90 day window. Multiple users have reported this issue and the more that open a support case with netgear, the more resources netgear is liable to devote to resolving it. 

Message 2 of 5
K0walskiK0rwa
Aspirant

1. All firmware is up to date.

2. All disable. No positive efect. speed still the same.

3. I did enable IPv6. reboot router. No positive efect. speed is still the same.

4. did what you ask with same results as above. No positve efect. speed is still the same. 

5. my 90 day pass sometime last month so nothing a can do about it now. 

Message 3 of 5
Topology
Virtuoso

K0walskiK0rwa, a few comments and questions….

[1] You may be able to request a replacement router from Netgear, if the product is still within the warranty period. Please see How do I request a Return Material Authorization (RMA)? 

[2] You may wish to temporarily substitute another router in place of the RAX200 for testing. If the LAN throughput problem disappears, then that is additional evidence that the RAX200 may be defective.

[3] Does the LAN throughput problem occur, when the router is in a factory reset condition (i.e., before you modify any settings)?

[4] You may wish to use a Cat 6a cable from the RAX120 to the PC, if not already in place.

[5] Finally, did this problem only recently appear – or, has it been present since you first started using the RAX200?

Message 4 of 5
K0walskiK0rwa
Aspirant

1. i already replace 1 router when i tray to fix wan agregation problem with end up with fiasco. 

2. yes i will tray that in couple of day.

3. yes most of the test i did was done after facory reset. 

4. i did tray multiple wire including cat 6a.

5. looks like the problem was from the beggining. i have speedtest results as far back to 10/19/2019 that show the speed never jump above 500 Mbit, unles i connect modem direc to my destop then i got full 1 Gigbit. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7