× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

S8000 Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch firmware update waiting

usamartinez
Aspirant

S8000 Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch firmware update waiting

Hi

30 minutes ago I updated the firmware for my Nighthawk Switch S8000 to 1.0.2.3 and I am still seeing the notice that reads:

"Firmware Update 

Do not interrupt the network connection or power the switch during this process.
Do not disconnect or power down the switch until the process is complete." 

For past experience with routers, this process takes no longer than 5 minutes and I have been waiting for 30 minutes, I am thinking something is wrong.

Since the notice in front of me states not to disconnect or power down, what are my choices? and how do I proceed in order not to brick the switch?

Thank you

Mario

Model: Nighthawk S8000| GS808E Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: S8000 Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch firmware update waiting

@usamartinez,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi usamartinez,

Welcome to our community!

A part of workaround is that you can try to ping the S8000 to test if it still connected to the network and if it is still responding then you can try to re-open the browser and access the GUI again. Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@usamartinez,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
usamartinez
Aspirant

Thank you, Yes, it worked, I used Firefox and it worked as it should.

I was worried that if I closed the window, I would brick the switch.

Thank you 

Model: Nighthawk S8000| GS808E Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7