× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updates

tfriker
Follower

Updates

What are the updates and why are they so complicated? Are they necessary as I have mine wired to a powerlin adapter for my streaming devices. Can the update be done on a Ipad? Thanks

Model: Nighthawk S8000| GS808E Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Updates

Hi tfriker,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Are you referring on the firmware update for the GS808E switch?  If yes, updating the switch firmware can be done using a Windows PC ( preferably Windows 8 or 7) or Mac OS computer.  The latest firmware version for the GS808E switch is v1.0.1.6.  The instructions on how to upgrade the firmware of the GS808E and where to download the latest firmware v1.0.1.6 is on this link.

You may also refer on the article below on how to update the firmware of the GS808E switch as your guide:

How do I update the firmware on my GS808E Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Switch?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tfriker,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Hi,

A little bit late I'm afraid ... had this discussion with Netgear already the last few weeks. Mainly an Android mobile and tablet user here, it was initially not possible to update the GS808E from the mobile browser, the upload took forever, never finishing. Today, I've updated the GS808E from some 1.0.1.x to the current 1.0.2.3 from Chrome on Android, and re-tried the same from Firefox what worked, too.

Then download the firmware ZIP archive, and then unpack the two files (where we mainly need the bigger firmware image). Unpack should be possible on iOS, store ie. on iCloud or Google Drive. The only little challange is to click on the little folder icon on the GS808E firmware upload page, so the file to be uploaded can be selected.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7