Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 WiFi Model R6400 connection issues..

Brainsurfer
Aspirant

AC1750 WiFi Model R6400 connection issues..

Plain and simple:  When I dissconnect the router from the modem from my isp and connect my pc straight to the modem my connection is running at the speeds that I'm paying for, when I connect the modem to the router and than to my pc, I'm getting half the speed..  What is going on here??  I just can't figure out the problem.  Thanks for the help.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 WiFi Model R6400 connection issues..

What modem do you have? 

What firmware is on your router? 

What speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds are you getting hardwired into the modem? And the router? 

Message 2 of 7
Brainsurfer
Aspirant

MOdel:  AC1750 WiFi Model R6400
Latest Firmware it auto updated
Firmware Version
V1.0.4.102_10.0.75
paying for 400mb+ only getting 250ish mb thru spectrum, with their modem like I said I'm getting what I pay for but using the router it cuts it in half.

I only do hardwire.  wifi is just there for guests..  so referring to 3rd question is it.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Try factory resetting the router. During the reinstall (don't use a backup) make sure to leave qos, access controls, traffic monitoring, and parental controls all disabled. 

Message 4 of 7
Brainsurfer
Aspirant

Tried that, same solution..  but now today (next day)  I'm getting about 100mb more than I did yesterday, but it just doesn't make sense, after going to default on router it still gave me same speeds, tried it multiple times with speed test and it doesn't work until next day?  but I'm still not getting my paid for speeds..  starting to regret getting this router..  never had an issue before with my last router from netgear..  Very disappointing.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

What modem do you have?

Message 6 of 7
Brainsurfer
Aspirant

Seems to be working now..  idk maybe maybe a hiccup or something..  problem I'm seeing now is my router letting one pc overtake the bandwidth from my main pc now.. 😞

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7