Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1900 and slow Epson printer

bob-c
Tutor

AC1900 and slow Epson printer

First, I am positive I posted this question already, but I could not find it at all. So here we are again. To replace my worn-out Airport Extreme router, I got the AC1900 router which was recommended for use in our mostly Mac house (with two Win 10 machines). The AC1900 works well for all devices except the Epson Artisan 837 printer. With the Airport router the printer zipped right along, spitting out pages rapidly. But with the AC1900 the printed is down to snail speed, with pauses of a few to several seconds between lines of print. A page can take a few minutes to print.

Has anyone had this issue, or know how to bring the printer back up to speed?   Thanks! bob.c

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

@bob-c wrote:

Hi plemans: Thanks for your quick response and three suggestions.

1. I think I have a cable kicking around to connect my MBP to the printer. That is a good check to remove printer problems from the sitution.  I meant to connect the epson to the router. Not to your MBP

2. When you say change to a different channel, I didn't think there were more than only two: 2.4 and 5 GHz. But I looked up "change channels" in the netgear info and will try that. Sounds promising.

3. The first thing I tried was to disconnect and reconnect to the wifi network, search for new printer software (found an update) and reconnected again, but no change. 

#2 looks like my best choice for now, and I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks!!   bob.c

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Is it still slow if you connect it via the ethernet connection?
If your running over wifi, have you tried changing the wifi channel?
Or "forgetting the ssid" and reconnecting it?
Message 2 of 6
bob-c
Tutor

1. I think I have a cable kicking around to connect my MBP to the printer. That is a good check to remove printer problems from the sitution.

2. When you say change to a different channel, I didn't think there were more than only two: 2.4 and 5 GHz. But I looked up "change channels" in the netgear info and will try that. Sounds promising.

3. The first thing I tried was to disconnect and reconnect to the wifi network, search for new printer software (found an update) and reconnected again, but no change. 

#2 looks like my best choice for now, and I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks!!   bob.c

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@bob-c wrote:

1. I think I have a cable kicking around to connect my MBP to the printer. That is a good check to remove printer problems from the sitution.  I meant to connect the epson to the router. Not to your MBP

Message 4 of 6
bob-c
Tutor

Hi Plemans, 

Good news, the printer seems to be running a bit faster after the channel change and copies shoot right out. I couldn't try the direct connect solution as the printer is a room away and is too heavy for me to carry and maneuver to the router. No cable long enough either. So I think I am good to go. Thanks muchly!     bog.c

Message 5 of 6
bob-c
Tutor

Ooops, I responded to the previous question! It worked and I posted a Solved button. And I did try #3, by resetting everything, but #2 worked best. Thanks again!  bob.c

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7