Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC2300 Nighthawk - Where to change NAT type to Open

HeliumB
Follower

AC2300 Nighthawk - Where to change NAT type to Open

I couldn't find the Model type in the list, so hopefully this isn't some bootleg model, but in following all of the directions online regarding the routerlogin.net process for changing NAT type, I cannot replicate them. All of them mention a maintenance area I do not see on the attached devices screen, and all of them mention a protocol forwarding I don't see on the attached devices screen. I checked in the advanced menu as well, and cdo not see either of those options. Can someone assist?

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You can also set NAT Filter from Secure to OPEN under Advanced tab/WAN setup. 

@HeliumB wrote:

I couldn't find the Model type in the list, so hopefully this isn't some bootleg model, but in following all of the directions online regarding the routerlogin.net process for changing NAT type, I cannot replicate them. All of them mention a maintenance area I do not see on the attached devices screen, and all of them mention a protocol forwarding I don't see on the attached devices screen. I checked in the advanced menu as well, and cdo not see either of those options. Can someone assist?

Message 3 of 4

@HeliumB wrote:

I couldn't find the Model type in the list

You won't. The list is out of date, but there is no such thing as an AC2300. That's a wifi speed indicator.

The model number is probably the R7000P, which is in the drop down ;list.

in following all of the directions online regarding the routerlogin.net process for changing NAT type, I cannot replicate them.

It is usually better to tell people what you want to achieve rather than what you are doing.

Why do you want to change the NAT type? You are trying to fix a problem? To get something to work?

There may be better ways of getting there.

It can also help to tell people what else is on your network.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7