Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2600 not connecting

User007M
Aspirant

AC2600 not connecting

Recently moved to a new house with same ISP. Computer connects to internet when directly connected to modem (CM1200), but no longer connects when plugged into modem via router. Other wireless devices (tablets, phones, gaming system) can see and connect to router but does not have internet.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC2600 not connecting

What model router do you have? AC2600 is a wifi speed. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Be sure your only connecting the router to the CM modems WAN port 1 and remove all other devices from the CM modem. These are not LAN ports. 

Message 2 of 5
User007M
Aspirant

Model R7450.

I will attempt the steps you mentioned and will update the status.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 4 of 5

@User007M wrote:
Recently moved to a new house with same ISP.

It may be the same ISP. but you have changed quote a few things on our network.

Did you set up  whatever this AC2600 is from scratch.

There may be some subtle changes in the local network configuration.

If the router is delivering as it should, there's a couple of easy options

• Go onto the router's browser graphical user interface (GUI) and take it through the Internet setup wizard
  • Reset the router and set it up from scratch.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Find more in the manuals for your router.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7