Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 Internet Port DNS stuck on static numbers

Goat_hiker
Aspirant

AC750 Internet Port DNS stuck on static numbers

To troubleshoot a connection issue, one internet suggestion was to change DNS to static numbers (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and try.  Didn't work and I switched back to DHCP. Now I have lots of connection issues and when I check on routerlogin.net-Advanced Home page, the Internet Port page shows DNS still at 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4.  I immediately did a factory reset.  In Internet Setup DNS shows DHCP checked but also pri/sec settings of 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 which I can manually reset to blanks but they stubbornly keep reappearing.  Router's DHCP server is "ON".  I wish I knew if any of this matters.  I wish I knew what I'm doing wrong.

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC750 Internet Port DNS stuck on static numbers

dhcp server and getting the dns automatically from the ISP are different things. 

DNS should just be a back to switch to. 

A factory reset should clear it out though. 

Are you sure you pushed and held reset for 7-15 seconds while the device was powered on? 

You'd have to fully reinstall the device if you factory reset. 

Message 2 of 4
Goat_hiker
Aspirant

I appreciate you replying!  Yes, I held the reset button until all green LEDs were blinking and I did have to reinstall using routerlogin.  Your comment leads me to believe that this might be unusual, but may not be the cause of any issues I may be having with connectivity - specifically a solar inverter monitoring app and TV streaming accounts - all of which claim no internet when directed to connect to my router's 2.4 service.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway are you connected to?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7