Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AT&T U-verse TV not working with direct connection from Netgear Nighthawk X10.

jeg3141
Aspirant

AT&T U-verse TV not working with direct connection from Netgear Nighthawk X10.

Hello all.  I'm having issues with my U-verse not working with a wired conection from my Netgear Nighthawk router.

My original setup was as follows:

Office: AT&T fiber-->AT&T Pace 5268AC-->cat6 outlet (my whole house is wired with cat6)

Living room: cat6 outlet-->AT&T Motorola VIP-2250 DVR

With that setup, everything including U-verse worked, but I was unhappy with the WiFi speeds so I bought my own router and set it up with passthrough mode (DMZplus).

My current setup:

Office: AT&T fiber-->AT&T Pace 5268AC-->Netgear Nighthawk X10-->cat6 outlet

With this current setup, WiFi works fine as does every wired connection except the connection to my AT&T DVRs.  When I try to watch TV, a channel will play for a few seconds and then will pause and then U-verse will say the signal was lost.  Resetting the DVR, the gateway, and the router doesn't help.   I thought I read online somewhere that I have to do something to make the Netgear router look like the AT&T gateway, but I couldn't figure out how.  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jeg3141
Aspirant

Re: AT&T U-verse TV not working with direct connection from Netgear Nighthawk X10.

I figured out how to fix this.  What worked is changing the gateway's IP address back to 192.168.1.0 and then restarting the gateway.   So now my setup is like this:

Office: AT&T fiber-->AT&T Pace 5268AC-->cat6 outlet

-->Netgear Nighthawk X10

So my WiFi is coming from the Netgear router and my wired connections are coming from my AT&T Gateway, which has been changed back to the old IP address. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: AT&T U-verse TV not working with direct connection from Netgear Nighthawk X10.

Have you tried leaving the pace router in router mode and just putting the netgear in AP (access point) mode? 

It disables some features on the netgear but if you're mainly using it for wireless/ethernet it'll all still function for that purpose

Message 2 of 3
jeg3141
Aspirant

I figured out how to fix this.  What worked is changing the gateway's IP address back to 192.168.1.0 and then restarting the gateway.   So now my setup is like this:

Office: AT&T fiber-->AT&T Pace 5268AC-->cat6 outlet

-->Netgear Nighthawk X10

So my WiFi is coming from the Netgear router and my wired connections are coming from my AT&T Gateway, which has been changed back to the old IP address. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7