Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding wireless maesh system to AC1750 R6400v2

scs_04
Follower

Adding wireless maesh system to AC1750 R6400v2

I have an AC1750 R6400v2 router and am looking to add a wireless mesh system for my house and 1 outside in the barn.  What is a good mesh system that will work with my router??  I am thining I will need 1 on both floors, 1 in the barn and then 1 outside if possible.  I also have a ethernet line to the barn, do the Meash AP's have an ethernet port?

Thanks

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Adding wireless maesh system to AC1750 R6400v2

@scs_04 wrote:

I have an AC1750 R6400v2 router and am looking to add a wireless mesh system for my house and 1 outside in the barn.  What is a good mesh system that will work with my router?? 

You may have to abandon the R6400v2 as a wifi source. MESH requires your router and the wifi sources to communicate with each other.

The R6400v2, never the most capable router on the block, isn't likely to cooperate.

I have an R7800 router connected (over Powerline Ethernet) to an Orbi MESH system in AP mode.

That's fine here because the reason for using the Orbi is to get the wifi features. The R7800 can still do the router stuff, with more features than you get on many Orbi routers.

There are other ways to get what you want, and others may be able to step in with their experience.

As to which to buy, that depends on your circumstances,

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

WiFi Range Extenders: Boost Your WiFi Range | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7