Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After Upgrade R8000 X6 died

jacoboramos1
Aspirant

After Upgrade R8000 X6 died

After upgrade R8000 X6 died, what happened:

1.- Tried to upgrade last night X6 to the lastest firmware

2.- Router lost WiFi / Internet 

3.- DHCP also died, if I use an static IP 192.168.1.x I an ping the default IP 192.168.1.1

4.- Admin page not available 

5.- All lights on the router are off , just power light is blinking

What I have tried (since Wifi is not working I do have my mac connected ETH Port 1

1.- Reset the router using the restet on the back 5/10 seconds, ETH port 1 (goes from white to orange) No Joy

2.- Turn off Router , turn on Router with the reset on the back pushed, All lights illuminate / In secuence

if you keep the reset pushed it will do this multiple times / after releasing the reset , just the power light will blink (white)

and ETH 1 Port 1 (white) can ping 192.168.1.1 No Acess to the admin web page.

Not sure what else I can try any comments will be much appreciated

Jacobo

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jacoboramos1
Aspirant

Re: After Upgrade R8000 X6 died

Downloaded the latest firmware, Did tftp 192.168.1.1 activated verbose mode / bin / put new firmware file takes around 40 seconds. To transfer the file. Be patient after a couple of minutes the router rebooted and voila. Unfortunately I called support and activated a one year contract before being able to read the post 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] power light is blinking [...]

You may be a candidate for the TFTP recovery scheme.  See, for
example:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1622096#M102004

Message 2 of 3
jacoboramos1
Aspirant

Downloaded the latest firmware, Did tftp 192.168.1.1 activated verbose mode / bin / put new firmware file takes around 40 seconds. To transfer the file. Be patient after a couple of minutes the router rebooted and voila. Unfortunately I called support and activated a one year contract before being able to read the post 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7