Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Apple HomePod Mini cannot connect to Router R8000P

AlfaCharlie
Tutor

Apple HomePod Mini cannot connect to Router R8000P

Just got today my new HomePod mini, going through the whole setup process but it cannot complete as it is "Unable to join Wi-Fi". I have an R800P running Firmware Version V1.4.1.64_1.3.25. Access Control is deactivated. Armor Security is enabled but it does not report any issue. I have 15-20 devices connected to the router and I have 750Mb Internet connection. Everything else works fine.

I have had problems in the past setting up other Apple devices. For some reason the router does not recognize the password that is passed over from a device that is already connected to the network. Usually it eventually works after trying a few times. THis time, I have done it more than 10 times and it still persists.

I have been for an hour with Apple representatives and they are unable to find anything wrong on their side. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Any secret router setting that can make a difference?

Message 1 of 4
Busold
Initiate

Re: Apple HomePod Mini cannot connect to Router R8000P

I’m experiencing the same problem. Netgear doesn’t seem to want to open the correct ports. They also expect us amateurs to figure out how to go in and open the ports ourselves without any kind of support. Why spend 100’s of dollars on a top tier router that doesn’t know how to communicate with your devices. I’d return the router if I could. Where’s the support and fix Netgear?
Message 2 of 4
AlfaCharlie
Tutor

I have found a workaround.
1) I reset the Network settings in my iPhone (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network settings).
2) Add home With-Fi again on my iPhone
3) Complete HomePod Mini setup

I had to do a second HomePod the day after and I had to repeat the whole process.

What I cannot explain is why it worked.
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
BrentD201
Aspirant

I spent all afternoon trying to set up a Home parte ‘N’ mini and nothing I did would allow it to connect to my network. Finally I came upon your suggestion and it worked like a charm. Thanks again
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7