Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Apple TV Gen 3 and 4

bc64
Aspirant

Apple TV Gen 3 and 4

I've noticed that when ever my Apple TV's on both TVs are off over night, the next evening when i start my apple TV it doesn't connect to my R7800. This happens on both of my Apple TVs. I have to reboot the Router to get the Apple TVs to connect. And also when watching Apple TV it loses connection while watching. I don't notice my IPad or IPhone doing this. My computers internet connection is fine. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
bc64
Aspirant

Re: Apple TV Gen 3 and 4

Yes so far so good. If it still acts up later, I’ll repost again. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
pec967
Luminary

I had a similar issue that turned out to be due to IGMP snooping interaction between the R7800 and my Netgear GS116E v2 Ethernet switch breaking Bonjour. Logging into the switch and disabling IGMP Snooping fixed the problem. I had no such problem with my previous Linksys EA6900 router and the GS116E v2 switch.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 2 of 7
bc64
Aspirant

Yes I'm running wireless, 5G, firmware ver V1.0.2.40 for the R7800. Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 7
bc64
Aspirant

I've also tried setting the Qos on the router. I did that today. I'll just have to wait and see if that works.

Message 4 of 7
bc64
Aspirant

I'll try switching it over to 2.4g and see if that works, thanks.

Message 5 of 7
bc64
Aspirant

Yes so far so good. If it still acts up later, I’ll repost again. Thanks for the help.
Message 6 of 7
bc64
Aspirant

That’s good. I really appreciate what you recommended, it really helped me out. I’ve been having problems with this quite a while now. But not now. Thanks again.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7