Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BAD REQUEST when trying to safely remove USB device from R7500v2 using the latest firmware

philippis
Aspirant

BAD REQUEST when trying to safely remove USB device from R7500v2 using the latest firmware

I did not have this issue with the initial release firmware for my 2 R7500V2 routers.  After upgrade to the latest 1.0.2.4, I cannot safely remove my hard drives from the router, either single drive, or both, when clicking on the SAFELY REMOVE USB DEVICE button.  I get a BAD REQUEST page and the netgear page goes into a loading loop.  This seems like a bad bug.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
philippis
Aspirant

Re: BAD REQUEST when trying to safely remove USB device from R7500v2 using the latest firmware

No, it's definately the firmware.  

I reset the device as suggested.  I then tested the drives and got the same BAD REQUEST where it could not remove the USB drive.  I then updated the firmware to my previous 1.0.0.28 and the USB drive worked again.

I have 2 of these routers, one as a bridge and one as a main router.  The main router has 2 6TB WD drives, and my bridge has a 1TB WD and 1 4TB WD.  After downgrading on BOTH routers the USB drive removal worked.

This router is the R7500v2 I got in December when it was released.  I'm really surprised to see R7800 was released a month later.

I guess for now, I won't be upgrading firmwares.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: BAD REQUEST when trying to safely remove USB device from R7500v2 using the latest firmware

Hello @philippis

Welcome to the community!

After upgrading to the latest firmware, did you factory reset the router?

If not, I suggest that you push the reset button at the back of it with a paperclip for 10 seconds.

Once done, reconfigure the router as if it's brand new out of the box.

I am unable to replicate the problem you're having.

Message 2 of 3
philippis
Aspirant

No, it's definately the firmware.  

I reset the device as suggested.  I then tested the drives and got the same BAD REQUEST where it could not remove the USB drive.  I then updated the firmware to my previous 1.0.0.28 and the USB drive worked again.

I have 2 of these routers, one as a bridge and one as a main router.  The main router has 2 6TB WD drives, and my bridge has a 1TB WD and 1 4TB WD.  After downgrading on BOTH routers the USB drive removal worked.

This router is the R7500v2 I got in December when it was released.  I'm really surprised to see R7800 was released a month later.

I guess for now, I won't be upgrading firmwares.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7