× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blinking power light

Jgman4500
Follower

Blinking power light

I am not technology savvy so it may require some simplification of what’s going on but on my app it says my AC1750 router needs an update but my router is currently blinking red at the power light. From what I’m seeing it means that the update got interrupted somehow but in order to update it I need access to the Wi-Fi network but it won’t put out a Wi-Fi signal until it updates. I’m stuck and getting very frustrated. Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Blinking power light

Router model? AC1750 is a speed, not model.

No, you don't need WiFi to update a router and it's also strongly recommended to NOT use WiFi for such a process.

Go with a wired connection and a PC/Mac to http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1 and try to update it. If it's not responding, you may need to factory reset it - reset button at back, push and hold for 10-15 seconds while powered on.

If you're successful, first thing to do is turn off Automatic Updates. It causes more harm than good.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Blinking power light

@Jgman4500 wrote:
I am not technology savvy so it may require some simplification of what’s going on but on my app it says my AC1750 router needs an update but my router is currently blinking red at the power light.

Is the router working as it should? Depending on the model, a blinking power light can mean corrupt firmware.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Check the section in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

Follow the advice from @microchip8 when it comes to changing the firmware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7