Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Blocking sites allowing more than 1 trusted IP

222Graham222
Guide

Blocking sites allowing more than 1 trusted IP

I need to block certain sites during selected hours but need more than one trusted IP to be able to bypass the blocks I put in place.

Seems pretty crazy that I can't add more than one trusted IP.

I also subscribe to Circle but that only allows me to block all and not at certain times of the school day.
If this isn't possible I'd like to strongly suggest Netgear look at this problem and have a programmer insert a routine into the next release.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Circle product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Circle and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "Nighthawk WiFi Routers" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

https://www.netgear.com/home/services/smart-parental-controls/
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Smart-Home-Parental/bd-p/en-home-smart-parental-controls

Good Luck

Message 2 of 6
222Graham222
Guide

I'm aware of how to operate circle and it's not possible to achieve what I desire with that product, it's good but I can't really use it as a timer for the activities I want to block: they need to use both phones and computers normally to study for their lessons but they are children and very easily distracted so I want to stop them using trivial social media and youtube during their school periods.

For this I have to block either certain sites or by keyword but everyone else requires normal access for business so they can make a $$ during the day.

Thanks for the input, appreciated but unfortunately not relevant for this problem.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to post about in the Circle forum as that would get more visibility for the product your referring too.

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 6
222Graham222
Guide

Thanks that's a great idea!

When I get a chance I'll post it their, but to my understanding Circle are giving up and going away really soon, well from Netgear and (circle) they don't support the router, you have to go through Netgear for that and some of the functionality doesn't work, like the backup feature, so if it goes wrong you have start all over again... it's not as good as you'd think anymore Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7