Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bridge mode does not work via 5G

wotgr7000
Aspirant

Bridge mode does not work via 5G

I have 2 R7000, both are working fine when configured as Router.  2.4G and 5G wifi work flawlessly in router mode.  Both running firmware 1.09.42.

When I configured one of them as a Bridge, they could connect via 2.4G.  The problem is they could not be connected via 5G.  If I disabled the 2.4G (either the Router or Bridge), they would not connect.  When the R7000 were configured in Router mode, the 2.4G and 5G LEDs on the routers were on.  As soon as I turned any of them into Bridge mode, the 5G LED on the Bridge turned off, only the 2.4G LED remained on.

IWhat should the R7000 be configured as a Bridge via 5G?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Working on the basis that in this context bridge mode is WDS, have you been through the appropriate section in the manual?

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See the section Set Up a Wireless Distribution System. You may have done this, but knowing that Netgear doesn't hand out manuals these days, I thought it worth mentioning.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Working on the basis that in this context bridge mode is WDS, have you been through the appropriate section in the manual?

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See the section Set Up a Wireless Distribution System. You may have done this, but knowing that Netgear doesn't hand out manuals these days, I thought it worth mentioning.

Message 2 of 3
wotgr7000
Aspirant

Thanks for you advice.  Indeed I missed the option of choosing the wifi band.  Problem solve.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7