Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't add Ipad

Routerbeginner
Aspirant

Can't add Ipad

Hi,

Just bought and installed a Nighthawk X6  R8000 router and installed same.  We use the router primarily for the five iPads that we use.

four hooked up just fine, and are working fine, but the fifth can't seem to find the router.  We had been using an Asus AC-68U for the last

few years but it expired a couple of days ago.  All five Ipads were working fine with the Asus so I have made no changes in the unit that

doesn't connect.  I don't have a clue.  Any suggestions?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Routerbeginner
Aspirant

Re: Can't add Ipad

Hi,

thanks for the help.  Seems that I was the problem :-(.  I finally remembered that I set the security to stop others from logging on.  Seems that I am one of the others.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

@Routerbeginner wrote:
We use the router primarily for the five iPads that we use.

four hooked up just fine, and are working fine, but the fifth can't seem to find the router.

The fifth iPad can't see the router?

Have you reset the iPad's wifi? Told it to forget the old network? (Sorry, I'm an Androider and don't know how iStuff works.) When a client can't see a network that's the first place to look.

Message 2 of 4
Routerbeginner
Aspirant

Hi,

thanks for the help.  Seems that I was the problem :-(.  I finally remembered that I set the security to stop others from logging on.  Seems that I am one of the others.  

Message 3 of 4

Nice one. Well done for remembering what you had done. I often baffle myself. Probabkly a sign of age.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7