Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to router (even after reset)

Can't connect to router (even after reset)

I'm really frustrated and I hope this community can provide an answer. After all the hype around this router, it's the one that's given me the most problems.

About a month and a half ago...completely randomly it seems, I couldn't connect to the router anymore. Not through the IP, routerlogin.net/com...nothing. It just says page cannot be displayed. I did everything I could possibly think of, tried all the suggestions i could find here and otherwise and still nothing would work.

I finally did a hard reset and obviously lost all my settings...and RIGHT AFTER the hard reset after the firmware upgrade, I can't connect to the router again. What could be causing this? Is there any way around it?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't connect to router (even after reset)

The router worked fine until about a month and a half ago. Then I stopped being able to connect to the admin page. Multiple hard resets didn't do anything. 

I ended up RMA'ing it and the new replacement works fine (at the moment).

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

you have to use a wired PC and reboot it and the router while connected via any lan port and re-enter all your settings

Message 2 of 12

Did that. Both connected to the modem and not. Doesn't work.

Message 3 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just to be clear is it that you cannot connect to internet using the r7000 or you cannot connect to the router's Admin page if the latter un install anti-virus and try again.

Message 4 of 12

i don't have an antivirus. And i can't connect to the admin page right after a hard reset. There is literally nothing to block it..fresh install, fresh reset.

Message 5 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

what's the gateway IP it may have changed,

what is your modem make and model could it be in router mode?

if yes newer NG FW changes IP range from 192 .168.1.1 to 10.0.0.1

Message 6 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

So far all OP, said was router is not working. Did you ping the router? Did you run command ipconfig /all? What is the result? Did you reloaded the firmware same as what you had? If you updated firmware you may have introduced another problem.   After hard reset, ping the router using router address 192.168.1.1 Does it work?

Message 7 of 12
IrvSp
Master

If you are running Windows, then possibly Windows Defender is in the way of connecting?

On a Windows machine open a CMD prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL and post (copy and paste) the results here please.

What Firmware version are you running?

Was it woking before you flashed the firmware upgrade?

Are you having this problem with ALL devices?

I assume you can still get to the Internet though, correct?

routerlogin.net should work for ANY IP address of the router (I assume you had a typo in routerlogin.net/com).

Have you tried clearing the Browser Cache?

Have you tried a different browser?

Message 8 of 12

to answer the questions, 

gateway IP did change after reset. I've tried it (192.168.1.1) and same problem as before reset...web page is not available.
the modem is not in router mode. Everything else wouldn't be working if it was.

I don't have windows. I use linux. netstat shows everything fine. I can ping the router without a problem. I'm having the same problems after the update than i did before. And since I can't reach the admin page, I can't reload the older firmware (which also had the problme which is why i'm here...)

I'm using the latest firmware. I can't do anything about the firmware. I cannot log in to the webpage. It upgrade the firmware during first run but I can't actully get to the admin page. It did not work before the hard reset...it's the reason i did the hard reset. As I've said, i've tried wired, wireless, direct connect, multiple devices. 
I've tried different browsers (chrome, firefox), laptop, chromebook, android phone, PC. 

Message 9 of 12
IrvSp
Master

Ahh, it is in Access Point mode...

routerlogin.net will only work when it is acting as the DNS server.

You need to log into the main router that the AP is connected to and see what IP Address the AP is at. Note that they must be on the SAME subnet too. If you had changed the IP Address of the main router YYY.YYY.Y.xxx (Y's are the changed value) do to a reset then you can't even get to the AP. 'Y's' must be the same on both router and AP.

Might have to do the RESET on both router and AP and manually reconfigure both?

Message 10 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

What is your modem? What do you mean by saying modem is not in router mode? Separate modem from router(disconnect cable).

Just try the router with only PC connected to it. How did you get into this problem? Router never worked? When you reset the router.

hold the reset button down until lights start flashing then release the botton.

Message 11 of 12

The router worked fine until about a month and a half ago. Then I stopped being able to connect to the admin page. Multiple hard resets didn't do anything. 

I ended up RMA'ing it and the new replacement works fine (at the moment).

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7