Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to Nighthawk AC1900 after setup

Aquanex2
Aspirant

Cannot connect to Nighthawk AC1900 after setup

I was having issues with my Nighthawk, so I reset it and attempted to reconfigure it. Everything seemed fine. I was able to connect it to my Xfinity modem and I could see the SSID I set it to in my list of Wi-fi networks. Though when I try to connect to it, I get a "failed to connect" message every time. I don't know what to do and I really don't want to get a new one as this one is only about a year old.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Re: Cannot connect to Nighthawk AC1900 after setup

@Aquanex2 wrote:
I was having issues with my Nighthawk, so I reset it and attempted to reconfigure it. Everything seemed fine. I was able to connect it to my Xfinity modem and I could see the SSID I set it to in my list of Wi-fi networks.

What is that modem?  Make and model? Any chance that it is a combined modem/router?

The EX7000 in your footer is not a router, but a wifi extender. So there must be a router of some sort in your network what is it? Is that the "modem"?

If the EX7000 is what you own, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7