Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to router on Nighthawk App MacOS

ZINCT
Follower

Cannot connect to router on Nighthawk App MacOS

My router is R6400v2

I'm on an iPhone 10, running, 14.7.1, trying to use the nighthawk app.

I downloaded Netgear Nighthawk app and I tried scanning the QR code on the sticker from 2 years ago, it says the QR code is invalid.

Then I tried to set the router up as a new device, it uses a different WiFi Network name then what is on the sticker. New: Netgear55 versus Netgear25(on sticker). Then it asks for a password. User: Admin, PW: (it tells me to use "password" as a default) that didn't work, I tried lower case, initial cap, upper case, nothing) I am stuck. Then I saw that support costs $89.99 for 6-months! That's the cost of a new router, ridiculous.

Any suggestion on how I can access my router on the app or through a browser?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Cannot connect to router on Nighthawk App MacOS

@ZINCT wrote:

Any suggestion on how I can access my router on the app or through a browser?

Have you tried using a browser? This is always the preferred route, preferably with a wired connection to the router.

The manual explains how to go about this.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

@ZINCT wrote:

Then I tried to set the router up as a new device, it uses a different WiFi Network name then what is on the sticker. New: Netgear55 versus Netgear25(on sticker). Then it asks for a password. User: Admin, PW: (it tells me to use "password" as a default) that didn't work, I tried lower case, initial cap, upper case, nothing).

What did you do and what happened?

How did you try to set the router up as a new device? That could mean many things.

What do you mean  by "didn't work"? Again, that could mean man things. What did you do and what happened? Any error  messages? Prompts?

When you say Nighthawk App MacOS, do you mean the iOS mobile app?

Apologies for the questions. But these network things are dumb, and the devil is in the details when trying to fix them.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7