Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot log in to Netgear Genie from iPhone

artspolice
Aspirant

Cannot log in to Netgear Genie from iPhone

I can't log in to Netgear Genie from my iPhone SE, using either "password" or the password I created. I've had more trouble with this app than any other on my phone. Netgear support has expired, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
artspolice
Aspirant

I really appreciate your reply. After I posted I reset the router and that solved the problem. I apologize for the false alarm.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

@artspolice wrote:

I can't log in to Netgear Genie from my iPhone SE, using either "password" or the password I created.

What happens when you try? "can't log in" could mean various things.

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

Remember, when using a mobile device, you have to connect to the wifi before you can think of connecting to a router.

The C6300 in your footer is a Cable Modem Router. You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
artspolice
Aspirant

I really appreciate your reply. After I posted I reset the router and that solved the problem. I apologize for the false alarm.

Message 3 of 4

No problem. Your question may well help someone who turns up in the same boat.

Glad it worked out.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7