Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant connect after factory reset

theyoung2
Follower

Cant connect after factory reset

I am not tech savvy! I couldn't remember my password so I had to Factory reset my router, now none of our phones will connect to the internet! My Computer and tv all do, but no phones. They all say Authenticating or Authentication Problem, then send back to password without connecting. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Did you go into your phones and forget the network? 

Or log into the router to check the ssid/password?

Message 2 of 3
alexdodge
Initiate

The hardware factory reset is many times a needed option to recover device or for people who sell a router and didn't reset prior to shipping it. Or for people who forgot a password and can't recover it. Kind of a key piece of equipment for many different instances.

Especially with consumer gear.  If you truly want it disabled, won't ever forget your password, or don't think you'll ever have a firmware issue that requires a hard reset/tftp to recover, then just disable the button. Put a drop of superglue in it. It'll void your warranty and you won't be able to recover it if something happens but the button won't move. Or instead of disabling your "brat' (your words) access, just take their ipad/computer/phone/device away from them. Or all the powercords so they have to slowly watch their battery die and decide if its worth doing whatever they're doing. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7