Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Compatible APs for Nighthawk R6700

JG627
Follower

Compatible APs for Nighthawk R6700

I have a nighthawk r6700v3 router and am unable to have adequate coverage throughout my house. I tried purchasing extenders but that didn’t work. I have an ability to have a wired data link between two ends of my house. So i wanted to try to add an AP on the other end, but I’d like one that is compatible with the nighthawk app and router. I was looking at WAC104, and WAC510PA. Does anyone have any recommendations here? I have a lot of devices and often pull fairly high data rates for streaming, so performance is important.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Compatible APs for Nighthawk R6700

I would skip messing around and get a mesh system like orbi. It allows you to use wired or wireless backhauls and you can add satellites as needed. plus it uses the same ssid for the network. It'd be a bit more of a buy in buy they've been fairly cheap on amazon renewed lately with the release of the orbi AX devices. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Compatible APs for Nighthawk R6700

I would skip messing around and get a mesh system like orbi. It allows you to use wired or wireless backhauls and you can add satellites as needed. plus it uses the same ssid for the network. It'd be a bit more of a buy in buy they've been fairly cheap on amazon renewed lately with the release of the orbi AX devices. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7