Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect to ReadyCloud remotely through third party app

mgourcy
Aspirant

Connect to ReadyCloud remotely through third party app

Hi,

I've been trying to connect to the usb hard drive I have connected to my Nighthawk R7000 remotely through apps like Infuse.

When I use the ReadyCloud app, the desktop client connects remotely to an IP address starting with 5.xxx.xxx.xxx.

I was wondering if there was a way to connect to it using a third party app without setting up a static IP address (as I am experiencing problems with my provider on that point) ?

Or is it a closed system that allows the connection to happen because it is all handled by the desktop app ?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Connect to ReadyCloud remotely through third party app

Hi mgourcy,

You can only access the ReadyCloud remotely either via the web browser or via the Desktop App and it is not accessible with 3rd party software.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mgourcy,

Are you trying to use ReadyCloud with your Nighthawk R7000 router and not with a ReadyNAS hardware?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
mgourcy
Aspirant

Yes I am using ReadyCloud with my router R7000 and an attached hard drive through USB.

I'm guessing that there must be a way to point to the address of the ReadyCloud share with a third party app, but I might be wrong.

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mgourcy,

I see. You posted this to ReadyNAS board. I will move this topic to the right one to get you the community members who use this product too.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi mgourcy,

You can only access the ReadyCloud remotely either via the web browser or via the Desktop App and it is not accessible with 3rd party software.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi mgourcy,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 6 of 7
mgourcy
Aspirant

Re : Connect to ReadyCloud remotely through third party app

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
It's unfortunate that we can't remotely access the hard drive through other apps, but I'll find an other solution.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7