Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DM 200 and Nighthawk R7000 on Vodafone Broadband, which mode to use?

tongfu
Aspirant

DM 200 and Nighthawk R7000 on Vodafone Broadband, which mode to use?

Hi, everyone, greetings from tongfu in Wales, the UK.

I recently changed to Vodafone Home Broaband and replaced the included router with a DM 200 plus a Nighthawk R7000, which I purchased before.

I managed to set them up and the connection seemed to be good with a better Wi-Fi coverage. Unfortunately, I noticed that the Wi-Fi connection dropped from time to time. It's not that frequent but is enough to be noticed, about 1 or 2 times a day, when everyone was online, about 20 devices altogether.

Is it beacuase of the connection mode setting or anything else? Shall I set them both to Bridge or router, or one each? Not sure about the difference at all. Could all the savants please help? Any advice will be truly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: DM 200 and Nighthawk R7000 on Vodafone Broadband, which mode to use?

I can't see how it would affect the wifi, but your DM200 should be in modem only mode, unless, for some reason, you want to use the R7000 as wireless access point.

As the R7000 isn't new, you might want to reset the thing and set it up from scratch with the DM200.

Set up the DM200 on its own. When you are satisfied that all is well, and after you have ensured that it has the latest firmware, put it into modem only mode. Then go through the setup process for the R7000.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies

I can't see how it would affect the wifi, but your DM200 should be in modem only mode, unless, for some reason, you want to use the R7000 as wireless access point.

As the R7000 isn't new, you might want to reset the thing and set it up from scratch with the DM200.

Set up the DM200 on its own. When you are satisfied that all is well, and after you have ensured that it has the latest firmware, put it into modem only mode. Then go through the setup process for the R7000.

Message 2 of 6
tongfu
Aspirant

Many thanks, Michael, I'll try that. Shall I also set R7000 as router? Cheers!

Message 3 of 6

@tongfu wrote:

Many thanks, Michael, I'll try that. Shall I also set R7000 as router? Cheers!

Definitely, you need one router.

If your DM200 was also "routering" it may have been messing around with the IP addresses of things trying to connect to the network.

Message 4 of 6
tongfu
Aspirant

Thanks, Michael. I reset it and it seems alright now. Thanks for your great help.

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 5 of 6

That's good. The DM200/R7000 combination is a capable workhorse duo.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7