Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Deregister R8000 for new home owner

Marknaghsh
Aspirant

Deregister R8000 for new home owner

I need to deregister my R8000 router for a new owner. On my end is says it is already registered and on his end it says the same thing. I sent an email to customer support with no response. I never registered it under my account which makes the mystery greater so cannot remove it from mynetgear account. 

I am stuck and need to get this resolved as soon as possible.

thank you  

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 7

@Marknaghsh wrote:

I need to deregister my R8000 router for a new owner.

Why? Neither the 90 days "free" support nor the warranty are transferable.

If you are talking about something like ReadyCLOUD, or things that use Netgear's Cloud services then you can do this yourself before with the browser graphical user interface (GUI)  before passing the device on to someone else.

Message 3 of 7
Marknaghsh
Aspirant

The issue is I’m already out of the home and do not have the password for I only used the nighthawk app to manage it. He wants to register so he can change the admin password and he cannot for it needs to be unregistered first. I hope that makes sense
Message 4 of 7
Marknaghsh
Aspirant

Thanks but this guidance does not work for it does not show up under the My.netgear.com account. Only my extender still shows up. I know it is still registered to me for the router shows up in my nighthawk app. It says it's not connected, but I see the activity. It is a mystery for sure.  

Message 5 of 7

@Marknaghsh wrote:
He wants to register so he can change the admin password and he cannot for it needs to be unregistered first.

He does not need to register anything to change the admin password.

Indeed, you should he wiped out your password when you passed on the router.  It is a trivial task:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

That restores the router to the default password settings listed on the router itself.

Message 6 of 7
Marknaghsh
Aspirant

Thank you. That’s what I told him, but kept coming back about deregistering it. I see he changed the email address so think it’s settled now.
Thanks all!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7