Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does the R6700 latest firmware fix all security issues or do we need to do something else?

etp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the R6700 latest firmware fix all security issues or do we need to do something else?

Does the R6700 latest firmware fix all security issues or do we need to do something else?

Got this message from COX.

Cox has identified that one or more of the computers in your home may be infected with the Alureon / TDSS Virus. My laptop is clean.  The only other item is an iphone 5S.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
etp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Does the R6700 latest firmware fix all security issues or do we need to do something else?

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
clithes
Prodigy

Yes, all new firmware above version 1.0.5.62_1.1.87 has the vulnerability fix.

However you're referencing a virus, which a router will not protect you against.  This could have been introduced a number of ways.  If Cox has identified it I would check again for any viruses with a full scan

Message 2 of 4
etp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Scans produced nothing so I have to assume that it is a iphone 5s trigger of some sort.

Message 3 of 4
etp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7