Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropped Connection While Gaming

prestegist
Aspirant

Dropped Connection While Gaming

Model number is R7000P

As the title says, I get dropped connection while gaming. Currently in Lost Ark. Only while using this router. Every one hour, or every two hours on the dot, no matter what I am doing, I get disconnected from the game. NOT disconnected from the internet. I've had the same router at two locations with different internet providers and It still happens. 

While using an existing router that was older I had no issues what so ever. Now that I've had to use my router listed above to handle the new increased speed we have obtained, back to disconnects. Like clock work. 

Is there anyone that might be able to shed some light on my situation? As far as I can remember it has only been with Lost Ark that my router has had this issue. But this issue is only with my router. It is wired as well. Did not have this issue on the older router, or even the newer modem's Wi-Fi signal. Not using my modem as it's a cable modem and not the correct hook up. So the modem has been ruled out completely.

I have been trying to figure this out going on eight months. Please help.

Edit: Also why is the speed test within routerlogin.com showing only a quarter of what I am actually getting? Using two other speed test sites I'm pushing 900-1000 mbps down and up. Routerlogin is only showing/capturing 230-280 for down and up.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Dropped Connection While Gaming

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Are you wired or wireless when gaming? Wired is preferred. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 4
prestegist
Aspirant

Should not need that requested info as the problem is from the NG router, not any modem it's ever been connected to. Had no issues with hard wiring my desktop to multiple different modems in the past year. The problem only occurs with the router I mentioned. Previous router I tried didn't have this issue either. Was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar. Guess I'm just screwed and its some kind of data communication between the game I play and the router that is butting heads. 

Firmware Version
V1.3.1.64_10.1.36

Always wired, but I've never tried to get the disconnect on wireless. Maybe that's worth trying? My down/up is more than enough for wireless. Even if it is enough though, no gamer "wants" to run on wireless.

Factory reset multiple times. Same issue. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Its important to know the ISP brand and model # as modems CAN cause problems between the modem, router and game that your working with. Up to you though. Only try to help out here. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7