Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet no longer working on R7000

it_no_work_now
Aspirant

Ethernet no longer working on R7000

My Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router, Model R7000, Ethernet no longer seems to be functioning. 

I can plug incoming ethernet cable into laptop and it is alive and well. WiFi signals are issued, but display a status of "No internet connection" on iDevices. Cannot login on 192.168.1.1. It is like the Ethernet portion of the device is non-functional. 

Restart, including delay, makes no difference. Lights on router, including for Ethernet ports, seem normal. 

Is is there anything else I can try?

Otherwise, how do I claim on the warranty? - all support links lead here. 

TIA. Scott

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
it_no_work_now
Aspirant

Re: Ethernet no longer working on R7000

On phone with Support they had me hold in reset until the power light flashed 5 times. This did a factory reset on the router and the Ethernet functionality came back to life. 

Good result hot for the router, though interestingly we have coped well without it to the extent that connectivity seems batter without it - so much for extended range, higher speeds, etc. 

IAppreciate the help earlier, but I will mark this as the solution because this includes the details that got the device working again. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
William10a
Master

Did you connect a computer direct visa lan cable to the modem to see if you internet access that way?

If you reset the router and still lan ports since you said you can not connect to them with a computer and said some thing the wifi having a issue with no internet if remember correct you have a rock not a router. Unless you want to try a 30-30-30 reset the last resort reset

1 push the reset button and hold for 30 seconds with the router on

2 keep pushing the reset button and remove power from the router for 30 seconds

3 keep pushing the reset button and reapply power to the router and hold for 30 seconds

if after 90 seconds the router is still a brick try tech support and good luck.

Message 2 of 4
it_no_work_now
Aspirant

I think I have a rock. Behaviour is the same even after the 30-30-30 reset.

I'll have a go at contacting tech support.

Thanks, Scott

Message 3 of 4
it_no_work_now
Aspirant

On phone with Support they had me hold in reset until the power light flashed 5 times. This did a factory reset on the router and the Ethernet functionality came back to life. 

Good result hot for the router, though interestingly we have coped well without it to the extent that connectivity seems batter without it - so much for extended range, higher speeds, etc. 

IAppreciate the help earlier, but I will mark this as the solution because this includes the details that got the device working again. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7