Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

File Sharing in ReadyCloud with USB HDD plugin

eddietylam
Aspirant

File Sharing in ReadyCloud with USB HDD plugin

Hey buds.

I am a new Netgear user with a R7000. Great interface, many features. I am loving everything with it so far.

I just get a question with the ReadyCloud file sharing. I do registered my router with to my ReadyCloud account and works fine with it. I want to share to my family to their accounts in ReadyShare. However, I cannot find the way to share a folder to other ReadyShare user.

When I right click the folder in ReadyCloud, I can only see branch of file commands with "Create Web Link", but not any other sharing function. The "Shared Folders" under "Management" is empty too.

I do google it and read the guideline. The guideline only mentioned the way for ReadyNAS users.  I am not using ReadyNAS , instead I just attach the USB HDD with the router. Is there any way I can do that? Thanks for anyone reading!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
eddietylam
Aspirant

Re: File Sharing in ReadyCloud with USB HDD plugin

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

See this.

Message 2 of 4
eddietylam
Aspirant

@doraemon wrote:

See this.

I read the document and find that cover some ReadyCloud feature include "share web link". However, I want to grant more access write like upload, move, copy to other ReadyCloud users. The web link method can only download the file. 

The shared function I am looking for is described here, but that is for ReadyNAS user. I am wondering I can see it empty in "Share Folders" under "Management" tab in ReadyCloud portal with USB HDD, thus want to find out if there is a way to use it.

2-1-2016 10-49-56 AM.png

Thanks for trying to help me out, bud!

Message 3 of 4
eddietylam
Aspirant

please refer to here

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos