Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 1.0.4.122 Potential Issues

jall_1821
Initiate

Firmware 1.0.4.122 Potential Issues

I recently upgraded my R6400v2 to firmware version 1.0.4.122 and had since has issues staying connected to the Internet.  At first I thought it was an ISP issue, but basically ruled that out after a call with them and trying to use the network plugged directly into their gateway, bypassing the router.  I also tried a factory reset on the router, which did not help.  Since updating the router to 1.0.4.122, my Internet connection would cut out after 10-20 minutes.  Again, if I plugged my computer directly into the gateway I would get Internet access.  This was fairly consistent.  I have since downgraded the firmware to 1.0.4.120 and so far I'm working as expected, though time will tell.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm wondering if 1.0.4.122 has some kind of memory leak that was introduced, but it's new firmware so I can't find any posted bugs about this.

EDIT: 1.0.4.120 Also did this.  I'm trying 1.0.4.118 and if the issue persists I'm calling it and buying a new router.  I've had this one a few years and it may be going out.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
jall_1821
Initiate

Sorry for the late reply.  I was out for a little while.  It turns out that it was an ISP issue.  It was just such a strange issue that they couldn't detect it.  I'm still not entirely sure what it was, but most likely a hardware issue with their equipment, maybe the port itself.  The ISP replaced our gateway and that seems to have resolved our issue.  Thanks for the assistance!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I would try 1 move version before the .118 version. The .118 and .120 had dns issues that a lot of people ran into. 

Try downgrading 1 more before that and then do a factory reset/reinstall. Disable auto-updates. 

Message 2 of 6
jall_1821
Initiate

Sorry for the late reply.  I was out for a little while.  It turns out that it was an ISP issue.  It was just such a strange issue that they couldn't detect it.  I'm still not entirely sure what it was, but most likely a hardware issue with their equipment, maybe the port itself.  The ISP replaced our gateway and that seems to have resolved our issue.  Thanks for the assistance!

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad that fixed it. you can mark it as solved then. 

Message 4 of 6
hrabcakm
Star

Hi folks,

Can somebody confirm that 6400v2 - Firmware Version 1.0.4.122 still contain DNS issues or is already fixed ?

Still. running on outdated buggy version because that.

Regards,

M.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@hrabcakm Not everyone has the issue. Its what makes it challenging. And some are fixed with simply enabling IPv6. 

You can try it and if it doesn't work, simply downgrade the firmware. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7