Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 . Is it the latest?

flimps1
Follower

Firmware V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 . Is it the latest?

I just got my new Nighthawk.

Have been trying to connect my Arlo camera through the R7000 router with no success.

to get the router connected to the Arlo app, I'm being   asked to have the latest software (1.0.6) on the R7000.

However when I run through GENIE, the router has V1.0.4.30_1.1.67  firmware and says that is the latest version.

Which is the latest version? How I can have the R7000 included in my Arlo App?

Thanks.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Firmware V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 . Is it the latest?

Hi there; netgear had releasd a firmware version(1.0.6.28) that supported Arlo but it apparently had some issues/bugs and they removed it and are supposedly working a new release but its taking them a while..... here is a link to the beta firmware and it does support Arlo.... I flashed my R7000 with it and its doing ok..... after you flash your firmware , its recommened that you also do a hard reset and reconfigure your settings from scratch ( and not from a backup file)....this will get rid of the remnants of any previous firmware that is installed and it will work better for you.  Below is the link for the beta firmware.  Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

Hi there; netgear had releasd a firmware version(1.0.6.28) that supported Arlo but it apparently had some issues/bugs and they removed it and are supposedly working a new release but its taking them a while..... here is a link to the beta firmware and it does support Arlo.... I flashed my R7000 with it and its doing ok..... after you flash your firmware , its recommened that you also do a hard reset and reconfigure your settings from scratch ( and not from a backup file)....this will get rid of the remnants of any previous firmware that is installed and it will work better for you.  Below is the link for the beta firmware.  Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 4
jhonnydoe123
Aspirant

Don't expect 1.0.6.28 or 1.0.6.40 to work stable though. When you put the R7000 under load (that's probably why you bought a high-end router) it will loose the WAN signal intermittently or end up in very slow WAN transmission until you power on/off the device if you're lucky. I believe that 1.0.4 was the last stable and that's why all the more recent firmwares were pulled.

Message 3 of 4
thelemonkid
Luminary

1.0.6.40 seems to be very stable. I never had a problem with it. But i depends on individual set-ups. I have some heavy traffic going on my R7000 but it never gives a problem. I work with 1.0.6.40. Just try it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7