Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware download fails

halapplehome
Tutor

Firmware download fails

I login to router login .net, I click “firmware update available” and after 5-10 minutes I get “error 404 unable to find product”
Router runs slow, (100 instead of 600 on 5g) and Spectrum confirms the modem is running at 600. I’ve reset, rebooted, done it all. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

wow you're on some old firmware. 

29 ish versions behind. 

Try manually updating. 

How do I manually update the firmware on my NETGEAR router? - NETGEAR Support

And for sure do a factory reset afterwards. There was a ton of changes in those versions. 

Nighthawk R7000 | AC1900 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Which router model?
Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

You really gave us nothing to go off. 

Router? 

Firmware version you're currently on? 

what device are you testing with? 

What hardwired speeds do you get? 

You posted in the AC router section. doubtful you'll hit 600mbps over wireless AC. Most AC devices were between 300-500mbps if connected over 5ghz and in good range with a decently fast router/device. 

Message 3 of 9

@halapplehome wrote:
I login to router login .net, I click “firmware update available” and after 5-10 minutes I get “error 404 unable to find product”

How do I manually upgrade firmware on my Orbi router using orbilogin.com? - NETGEAR Support

or

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 9
halapplehome
Tutor

My router is a Nighthawk R7000, AC1900 Smart WifFi Router. 

"genie" admin screen (Image attached) "Firmware upgrade available" but when I click on that--the perpetual spinning icon appears for 10-15 minutes then "404 error" pops up.

I have 11 items supported by router. (3 are Canary cameras). When I add more cameras, they fall of the wifi. Nighthawk states up to 30 devices are supported.

Assume two sub-issues are related to outdated firmware?

- Cameras "falling off" wifi, I assume firmware issue

- Spectrum states my speeds should easily exceed 300, even up to 600 on 5G. I'm at about 100. I assume firmware issue,

Many thanks to anyone who might advise. Hal

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

wow you're on some old firmware. 

29 ish versions behind. 

Try manually updating. 

How do I manually update the firmware on my NETGEAR router? - NETGEAR Support

And for sure do a factory reset afterwards. There was a ton of changes in those versions. 

Nighthawk R7000 | AC1900 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 9
Kitsap
Master

@halapplehome wrote:

My router is a Nighthawk R7000, AC1900 Smart WifFi Router. 

"genie" admin screen (Image attached) "Firmware upgrade available" but when I click on that--the perpetual spinning icon appears for 10-15 minutes then "404 error" pops up.

I have 11 items supported by router. (3 are Canary cameras). When I add more cameras, they fall of the wifi. Nighthawk states up to 30 devices are supported.

Assume two sub-issues are related to outdated firmware?

- Cameras "falling off" wifi, I assume firmware issue

- Spectrum states my speeds should easily exceed 300, even up to 600 on 5G. I'm at about 100. I assume firmware issue,

Many thanks to anyone who might advise. Hal

You may not be able to come forward all the way to current in one update.  You may have to update a few versions, do a reset and reboot before jumping the next few versions.

Message 7 of 9
halapplehome
Tutor

Thanks for the input! I manually loaded firmware, after I was unable to automatically download it. Probably my older version of Safari and MacOS system. I was told by someone to buy a new router but that was not necessary. Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements