Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update?

Brenner57
Aspirant

Firmware update?

So, like everyone else, I got the email about the firmware update. All righty then, I'll hop onto my phone and get that done. NOPE. Not so fast, Buttercup. The app opens on my phone but, when I tap on "sign into existing account" nothing happens. Well, not exactly nothing. I DO get a blank page that just sits there. I have tried repeatedly and every time I get that annoying blank page. What gives, Kids? 

Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

You should not use apps or wifi to update the firmware. That's a good way to brick your device. Use wired connection and the Web UI at http://192.168.1.1

Message 2 of 6
Brenner57
Aspirant

Putting aside the advice to not use apps or wifi to update, despite being specifically given instructions by Netgear to do so, that link takes me nowhere. It says "Site can't be reached." ????????

Message 3 of 6
PrestonP
Initiate

Same here,  except no blank page.   The Nighthawk App won't accept my login.  First, with my original password, then after resetting to a new password, still no go.  I was able to login here with my desktop computer, but not with the app on my phone.  It says "something went wrong, try again".  Very frustrating.  Why should we even have to do anything to get firmware updates?  Just do it.

Message 4 of 6
microchip8
Master

@Brenner57 wrote:

Putting aside the advice to not use apps or wifi to update, despite being specifically given instructions by Netgear to do so, that link takes me nowhere. It says "Site can't be reached." ????????

Do you have another device that acts as a router on your network and the NETGEAR one is connected to it? If so, the NG router will be using another address. If you're using a modem/router (gateway) you should set it to bridge mode to avoid double NAT. You can try reaching your NG router at http://10.0.0.1

Message 5 of 6
Brenner57
Aspirant

I have an NG router connected to a modem. It has been this way for a year, and I've never had a problem. I'm not inclined to start messing around with something that is working, since it appears that NG's update and/or site is the problem, and not my set-up. And, since it sounds like the update is causing all kinds of problems, I think I'll just do without for now until they get the bugs worked out. Thanks! 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7