Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware upgrade

pdm32
Follower

Firmware upgrade

Just installed this router without TOO much trouble. It has immediately informed me that it needs a firmware update. I have now tried to update the firmware twice without success. Is there a file I can download separately (out of the Netgear application) online for the update? Or, what is recommended? I have just followed the instructions in the app without success. Thank you for a great product!

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
VE6CGX
Master

The way I look at f/w update is by the need(valid reason like fixing a bug or known issues for some users) not by the reason there is

a newer version. Often people get into trouble after updating f/w saying before update router was working fine. If you are the type

f/w has to be updated every time it update comes out, be patient. Wait unitl some other people try it B4 yoy plunge. Also read release note

carefully always. This experinece is coming from my professional working days.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
netwrks
Master

You can start at this link: http://www.netgear.com/support/

EDIT: I strongly suggest after upgrading the firmware, that you reset your router to factory default, and reconfigure from scratch.

Message 2 of 3
VE6CGX
Master

The way I look at f/w update is by the need(valid reason like fixing a bug or known issues for some users) not by the reason there is

a newer version. Often people get into trouble after updating f/w saying before update router was working fine. If you are the type

f/w has to be updated every time it update comes out, be patient. Wait unitl some other people try it B4 yoy plunge. Also read release note

carefully always. This experinece is coming from my professional working days.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7