Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help configuring Nighthawk R8000

Hermarge
Follower

Help configuring Nighthawk R8000

I have three Nighthawk R8000's which I use as WAP's in my house. They do not act as the router. I used to be able to enter the IP address of each WAP into a browser and then login to them directly, to update firmware etc. I cannot do this any longer. In fact, I no longer know what  IP address is of each WAP. The Nighthawk ios app does not detect these WAP's either. Any tips on how discover the IP address of the WAP and then to log into the WAP? Thanks

Message 1 of 2

Re: Help configuring Nighthawk R8000

@Hermarge wrote:

I cannot do this any longer. In fact, I no longer know what  IP address is of each WAP. The Nighthawk ios app does not detect these WAP's either. Any tips on how discover the IP address of the WAP and then to log into the WAP? Thanks

Unless you fixed (on each R8000), or reserved (on the active router), the IP addresses for these devices, it may have changed, hence your failure to find them.

If you can get into their wifi, you should be able to get the IP address from that.

You'd have to do that for each R8000. It might be easier to login to the router that feeds the R8000s and to look for its list of attached devices.

When you are in there, see if you can find away to set an "Address Reservation" for each R8000. (You don't say what your router is,  but for Netgear routers LAN Setup is the place to do that.) Then you can get back into each router with its reserved IP address.

It might also be worth looking in the manual for the R8000.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Use the Router as a Wireless Access Point and the bit Enable fixed IP settings on this device (not recommended)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7