Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I access a device connected to a WiFi (not guest) network from my wired network?

MLitzkow
Follower

How can I access a device connected to a WiFi (not guest) network from my wired network?

I have an R8000P router. I have a 3D printer running Octoprint, which connects to my router vi WiFi. I have been accessing Octoprint via a laptop that also connects via WiFi. Now I am adding a workstation which I want to connect long-term via the wired network. However, when I do that, the workstation cannot access the Octoprint. It can't even ping that address. However, when I connect the workstation via the same WiFi net instead of using the ethernet cable, it can connect to Octoprint just fine. That's all well and good, but ultimately, I'd like to connect my workstation to my network via a cable. Is there some setting in my router that will allow devices on the Wired network to access other devices that are connected to one of the WiFi networks? Note: I'm not talking about the Guest network here - I don't use that.

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: How can I access a device connected to a WiFi (not guest) network from my wired network?

@MLitzkow wrote:

I have an R8000P router. I have a 3D printer running Octoprint, which connects to my router vi WiFi. I have been accessing Octoprint via a laptop that also connects via WiFi. Now I am adding a workstation which I want to connect long-term via the wired network. However, when I do that, the workstation cannot access the Octoprint. It can't even ping that address. However, when I connect the workstation via the same WiFi net instead of using the ethernet cable, it can connect to Octoprint just fine. That's all well and good, but ultimately, I'd like to connect my workstation to my network via a cable. Is there some setting in my router that will allow devices on the Wired network to access other devices that are connected to one of the WiFi networks? Note: I'm not talking about the Guest network here - I don't use that.

The problem may be more of an issue of Octoprint only allowing one type (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) connection at a time.

Historically I have found network printers communicate better and offer more functionality when they are connected to the LAN via Ethernet as opposed to Wi-Fi.  If your 3D printer has an Ethernet port, that would be a good option to explore.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7