Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I use access control (parental control) to allow students access one or two websites

pajaro1
Aspirant

How can I use access control (parental control) to allow students access one or two websites

Aloha,

I have a Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router Model R8000.  I need to set up parental control (access control) to allow only 1 or 2 website to be accessed by students.  I don't want them to access other websites, only the 1 or 2 websites (www.xxx.com).   I read the users manual and it seems you "must" know the website(s) and list them as website to avoid.  This could be thousands of website to list.  Unfortuneately each studentis not assigned a specific ChromeBook!

Thanks (Mahalo) for any response to my issue...

Aloha,

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
pajaro1
Aspirant

Re: How can I use access control (parental control) to allow students access one or two websites

Aloha,

I was able to overcome my delima by using my password of the Router.  There were no messages indicating to use your Router's password.  It was by luck to try the Router's password.  Don't know if this is the recommended process for NetGerar Parental Control using OpenDNS.  

Thanks so much for all who responding to my issue, especally JamesGL...

Kind Regards,

Pajaro1

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: How can I use access control (parental control) to allow students access one or two websites

Hi @pajaro1,

Here is how you configure the Live Parental Controls. There are categories you can select.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25687/~/how-do-i-configure-live-parental-controls-on-m...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
pajaro1
Aspirant

James,

I could not get to first base!

I did everything based on the information you provided me.   I only got as far as entering information to create an OpenDNS account.  No mater what I entered it rejected my password format.  I adhere to the correct format and still could not create an OpenDNS account.  It keep giving me the "Try Again" button.  I even backed up to the previous dialog window to start over again.  But still got the "Try Again" button without any error messages.  

Does this parent control work????    

Is there another way of providing an OpenDNS to NetGear rounter???

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi @pajaro1,

Please try a password minimum for 13 characters.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
pajaro1
Aspirant

Aloha,

I was able to overcome my delima by using my password of the Router.  There were no messages indicating to use your Router's password.  It was by luck to try the Router's password.  Don't know if this is the recommended process for NetGerar Parental Control using OpenDNS.  

Thanks so much for all who responding to my issue, especally JamesGL...

Kind Regards,

Pajaro1

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7