Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I connect my Nighthawk X6 R8000 wirelessly (not cabled) to another wireless router?

catalulu
Aspirant

How do I connect my Nighthawk X6 R8000 wirelessly (not cabled) to another wireless router?

I'm trying to connect my Nighthawk X6 R8000 to another router I have downstairs, but I need to connect wireless because I dont have a cable to run to it. I cant seem to find the right options on the admin UI. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: How do I connect my Nighthawk X6 R8000 wirelessly (not cabled) to another wireless router?

You could purchase some powerline connectors and connect the R8000 as an Aceess Point to your main router. Better than nothing..

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Re: How do I connect my Nighthawk X6 R8000 wirelessly (not cabled) to another wireless router?

Don't see anything in the manual. Just AP mode. Did you try fliiping your routers around and have the other router connect to the 8000? Or, just use the 8000 as the primary router?

Message 2 of 6
catalulu
Aspirant

Wish I could. The other router is from the cable company and has the dsl modem too.
Message 3 of 6
netwrks
Master

You could purchase some powerline connectors and connect the R8000 as an Aceess Point to your main router. Better than nothing..

Message 4 of 6
catalulu
Aspirant

Excellent idea. Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You'd think that the r8000 would offer bridge mode that's on far less expensive routers.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7