Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do you update the RBS750 Satellite firmware from the Orbi app?

gobananasnet
Apprentice

How do you update the RBS750 Satellite firmware from the Orbi app?

How do you update the RBS750 Satellite firmware from the app (NOT the web portal 192.168.1.1)? The router is an easy process, but not the satellite. Thanks

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do you update the RBS750 Satellite firmware from the Orbi app?

Try admin and password? 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Has to be updated on the RBS web page itself or from the RBRs web page. 

Thank you.

Message 2 of 12
plemans
Guru

Here's how. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000058278/How-do-I-update-the-firmware-of-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

I wouldn't recommend it though. Reason why is that when we see corrupt firmware issues, it tends to be when people updated over wifi or when using the app. For the most part it works great but again, when we see issues, thats usually how it was updated. 

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 12
gobananasnet
Apprentice

When I try to do the manual method it does not like the 192.168.1.2 password and I can't seem to find a way to change it. Plus this is the odd thing as I see one satellite updated and the other did not (shown below). It's weird. What do you make of this?

Screenshot 2021-10-13 072341.jpg

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Is .1.2 the IP address of the RBS your trying to access or the RBR? RBR is usually .1.1

If the RBS try using admin and password. However it should be same as what you applied on the RBR. 

Please use the Choose File button to attached picture files to. Otherwise we have to wait for moderators to approve pictures. 

Message 6 of 12
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Yes, I'm aware of that. But it is trying to access 1.2 as shown below. Not sure if the screen shot loaded or not. Tried three times. Ugh!

Screenshot 2021-10-15 142154.jpg

Message 7 of 12
plemans
Guru

the username/password for the satellite should be the same as the one to log into the router. 

Message 8 of 12
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Yes, I've tried that, yet nothing happens. I click the button and the two fields go empty and no error message or anything. Nothing happens. Ugh!

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Try admin and password? 

Message 10 of 12
gobananasnet
Apprentice

Thanks! That worked. Why it did not use the Router log-in and password is odd. Satellite is now updated. Thanks again.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Be sure to visit the Orbi AX forum for you future support and information needs.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Enjoy. 📡

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7