Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to remove antennas from R7000?

McSteve
Aspirant

How to remove antennas from R7000?

I have an existing Mesh network (not Netgear devices) and I am replacing a dead Router with a new R7000. I use ExpressVPN, thus the R7000 has ExpressVPN's firmware in it. Accordingly, I do not use or need the R7000's WiFi at all. The R7000 is solely the VPN device between the fiber and Mesh WiFi network. I want to remove the antennas since the R7000's WiFi is always off, 24/7.

Does anyone know the trick to remove the antennas? I could take the router apart and unplug the 3 internal antenna cables (as links to photos found elsewhere on this forum show), but this does not remove the antennas from the rear of the chassis - which is my goal. I think a hack saw will be my eventual method to remove them.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to remove antennas from R7000?

You can't remove those. They are permanently attached. I would recommend just leaving them. Turn then down so they are not in the up position. 

Message 2 of 6
McSteve
Aspirant

OK. Thank you for the reply!!

(A hack saw it is.  : )

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Would not be advised to do that. Your router though. 🙄

Message 4 of 6
ladyintown
Aspirant

I don't think it you can remove the anteena. However, if there is any must share it with me

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Those type of antenna connectors are not removable. They are permanent. I guess NG came out with two versions of the R7000 as my R7000 I have has the removable un-screwable antennas. I guess later versions of the R7000 were made not removeable. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7