Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I flashed DD-WRT onto my R7000 router.

MateoMason
Aspirant

I flashed DD-WRT onto my R7000 router.

Hi guys, I'm new here and to DD-WRT. Recently, I flashed DD-WRT onto my R7000 router. I selected the 'dd-wrt.K3_R7000.chk' file on that list.

All was working fine until this morning when my power went out for about 5 seconds. Of course my router is plugged in and of course lost power also. I expected it to boot back up and work as normal but that was not the case.

It boots up, cycles through lights but then the power light stays amber and it doesn't broadcast any WiFi connections (which I wouldn't expect since it isn't showing full on power.) It also semi lights up the 2.4 indicator. When I plug my laptop directly into the router via an Ethernet connection, I do get a legit IP address but no actual connection. The router lights up amber on the Ethernet port I am connected into also. After a while, my IP address is dropped in place of a self assigned one.

I've restarted my modem to rule that out, I've powered the router down via button and unplugging and that didn't work. I've even held down the reset button on the router but that didn't help either. I am not sure what else I should do. Did I flash the wrong firmware? I'm looking into tftp flashing options and will try on my lunch break, but I wanted to post here before so that hopefully I have more insight when I go to attempt to get it all up again.

Router: Netgear R7000

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30700M (09/27/16) (Kong built)

Kernel: Linux DD-WRT 4.4.22 #128 SMP Tue Sep 27 22:44:00 CEST

Reset: 30x30x30 attempted Errors: No connections, Power lights stays amber.

Thanks in advance guys,

Message 1 of 6

@MateoMason wrote:

Hi guys, I'm new here and to DD-WRT. Recently, I flashed DD-WRT onto my R7000 router. I selected the 'dd-wrt.K3_R7000.chk' file on that list.

So are we, new to DD-WRT. This isn't the place to seek help with third party firmware. Netgear doesn't support it – doing so negates any warranties and support – so you really need to talk to DD-WRT.

In your case it probably doesn't matter because Netgear can't help, but it is also not a good idea to hitch a ride on an existing conversation. It does a disservice to the person who asked the original question – which doesn't seem to be related to your problem – and runs the risk that Netgear's support team will miss your message.

Message 2 of 6
MateoMason
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@MateoMason wrote:

So are we, new to DD-WRT. This isn't the place to seek help with third party firmware. Netgear doesn't support it – doing so negates any warranties and support – so you really need to talk to DD-WRT.

In your case it probably doesn't matter because Netgear can't help, but it is also not a good idea to hitch a ride on an existing conversation. It does a disservice to the person who asked the original question – which doesn't seem to be related to your problem – and runs the risk that Netgear's support team will miss your message.

Yes, my bad, let me create a new thread, thanks for your reply

Message 3 of 6
MateoMason
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@MateoMason wrote:

Yes, my bad, let me create a new thread, thanks for your reply

Message 4 of 6

Don't expect much help here. As I have already explained, this is not the best place to seek help with third party firmware.

Message 5 of 6
wcalifas
Prodigy

You can try and unbricking it and reloading the dd-wrt firmware on it by using the tftp method. There's several videos on youtube to debrick a router using the tftp method. Let us know what happens.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7