Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a Nighthawk x6 R800 that i can't access because the password says incorrect, how to change?

cbartels6
Follower

I have a Nighthawk x6 R800 that i can't access because the password says incorrect, how to change?

I got my dads old nighthawk router when he changed routers and haven't used it for a couple years. I just moved to a new place where I would like to use it but can't access it without an ethernet cable because it says the default password isn't right. My stepmom said we never changed it, but I tried our usual other passwords as well and they didn't work. How can I change the password or access it wirelessly? My computer is working with the ethernet cable though. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have a Nighthawk x6 R800 that i can't access because the password says incorrect, how to chang

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go. Then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7