Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have to restart my router everyday after losing wifi connection on my AC1750. Why?

Gravydeen
Aspirant

I have to restart my router everyday after losing wifi connection on my AC1750. Why?

I have a AC1750 Smart WiFi Router(R6700v3) I bought last August. Over time it has gotten worse. Nearly eveyday the wifi goes down and I have to restart the router to get the wifi working again.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: I have to restart my router everyday after losing wifi connection on my AC1750. Why?

what firmware version are you on? 
What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Do wired devices drop? 

What actual error do you get? Does it say "connected, no internet"? does the wifi stop broadcasting entirely? Does it broadcast but you can't connect? What actual error do you get? 

Message 2 of 4
Gravydeen
Aspirant

Re: I have to restart my router everyday after losing wifi connection on my AC1750. Why?

Thanks for replying.

How do I determine the firmware version?

It's connected to a modem from Spectrum. I don't see a model anywhere on it. I guess I would have to call Spectrum.

Wired devices do not drop.

When it happens our phones and laptops just don't have a wifi signal. What is strange is that our streaming devices like our Firetv continue to stream. They run on wifi as well. I apologize if my answer is ignorant. 

Message 3 of 4

@Gravydeen wrote:

It's connected to a modem from Spectrum. I don't see a model anywhere on it.

Does the modem have a row of LAN ports on the back?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7