Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Connection

Lawdel
Follower

Internet Connection

I lost power in my apartment a few days ago and all my neighbors share the same wifi we just have our own routers. Everyone’s wifi is back except mine so I know it’s a problem with the router. The first three lights are in which are solid green and the fourth light will not turn in and when I connect to the WIFI I have no connection. It’s been like this for a few days now.
Message 1 of 3

Re: Internet Connection

@Lawdel wrote:
I lost power in my apartment a few days ago and all my neighbors share the same wifi we just have our own routers.

That sounds strange. How can you share the wifi from separate routers?

Where does the Internet come from? A modem somewhere?

Power cuts usually take out both the modem and the router on a network. When the power comes back on, they may start up in the wrong order, with the router starting before the modem is ready. That means that they get confused about which is in charge.

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Everyone’s wifi is back except mine so I know it’s a problem with the router. The first three lights are in which are solid green and the fourth light will not turn in and when I connect to the WIFI I have no connection. It’s been like this for a few days now.

I'm not convinced that it is a router problem. It could also be down t the router's unknown connection the Internet.

But before anyone can begin to guess what is going in they need to know which Netgear router you are using.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet Connection

What router do you have? 

You "share wifi"? Does it have an ethernet port you connect the router to? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7