Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Just got a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router... having issues.

MollyJanet
Follower

Just got a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router... having issues.

I've been wanting to replace a modem/router combo I've been using for some time now. Replaced an old Charter Netgear m/r combo because finally after 4 years issues arose. They gave me a Cisco modem. Told me I could get the Spectrum WiFi package (like an extra $5 or $10 a month), or use a modem by them and I could buy my own router.

So I Decided on getting a Nighthawk R7000.

I have been trying to get this hooked up for the past hour or so and nadda.

Followed directions to a T. Even looked at some how to install vids on Youtube just incase I thought I might've over looked a step and followed them to a T to no avail.

Any tips, suggestions are appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Are you gettin any kind or error messages.  What exactly is happening when trying to get it setup?  What firmware are you running on the router?  Please provide as much information as possibe about your configuration and it issues you are experiencing.  

Message 2 of 3
Jcr--gus
Aspirant

Model R6400V2

I am attempting to connect this wireless router to my Spectrum (Charter?) modem Cisco dpc3216. 

I have reset the modem via the internet using my spectrum account (takes about 6 minutes for this to take place)

I have also reset the Cisco unit manually using a ball point pen to press the recessed reset button.  All seems ok

with the Cisco modem.  If I connect my computer directly to the modem with an ethernet cable I can browse the web.

When I connect the Netgear wireless router to the modem with the ethernet cable I can log my computer wirelessly into the router

but there is no internet available.  I am guessing the moden is not  providing an ip address? 

I ran the nighthawk app on my samsung tablet to set up the netgear router and all seemed to go well.  While the tablet

was running the nighthawk app it even checked for a firmware update, found one was needed, downloaded it and installed it

(it could only do this  via the internet through the netgear modem and thru the ethernet cable connected to the Cisco modem)  so

I thought great! internet access! But, no, my computer does not have wireless internet access through the router and the modem.

any ideas?  Thanks

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7